top of page



Building & Construction

Applying for a Building Permit

To begin a remodel or new construction, review the Interlaken Permit Process document. It will answer questions about whether your project requires a permit, and what the Town and Ardurra require from you to proceed.

The next step in the building process is to submit an application to Interlaken Town, including the applicable fees and contact the town clerk at to upload your plan set to the town's Dropbox. Choose Permit Application & Fees on the side menu bar for more information.

Do I Need a Permit?

Not all building projects in Interlaken require a permit. However the town does require notification of these non-permitted projects. This document explains your course of action and criteria for proceeding with a non-permitted project.

General Information

On May 9, 2016 Interlaken held a public hearing to review the proposed land use and building codes. Titles 9 and 11 were approved by the Council. In early 2020 the town contracted with Ardurra Engineers (formerly TO Engineers) in Heber City to provide engineering and construction expertise in plan review and inspections for new construction, renovation, and demolition projects.

Common Building Permit Questions

Click the following link to get answers to the most commonly asked permit questions regarding setbacks, building height, building on a slope,  building sizes, garages, landscaping, retaining walls, work hours, and more.

Variance Requests

Variance Requests are made to the Interlaken Town Appeal Authority. Read and fill out the application below. If you have any questions, you can contact the Interlaken Town Clerk to discuss the variance application process and associated fees.

Owner/Builder Information

Utah State has additional requirements in place for owner/builders. Click the following link for more information:

Complete the following Utah State Owner/Builder Certification form and submit with the permit agreement:

bottom of page